My son wanted a nålbound hat for Christmas, and I knew that this vintage yarn from my stash would suit him perfectly.
When I test fit the hat on his sister, she liked the fit, but didn’t think the yarn was soft enough. So I rummaged around my stash until I found some lovely 90% wool / 10% angora yarn. With that, I added another three inches onto the bottom edge, turning it up inside and sewing it down. After a few days of wear it fulled into this incredibly soft liner.
I like the subtle edge the angora blend added.
And I finished the hat just in time for Christmas!
I also made a burgundy one for Sierra, out of Paton’s Classic Wool Roving. The kids wear their hats almost all day long. It’s gratifying to know my time nålbounding was so well spent!