A few days before our annual SCA Daffodil Tournament I decided to make a new wool apron dress for my Norse garb.
Every good sewing project starts with the right tools and materials – good supervision is a bonus!
Dress pieces marked out on folded blue wool fabric. I used Vigdis’ Viking Apron Dress layout.
My supervisor takes a nap.
Pieces cut. I love my soapstone marking pencil!
I decided to serge the seams because the stiffness of the wool did not lend itself to flat felled seams.
After sewing I ended up removing the two back half-gores as they didn’t drape well.
3 inches wide straps cut.
Straps serged and sewn on.
I sewed on some tablet weaving left over from a belt I made last summer.
Completed apron dress (to be worn over an under dress), finished with two days to spare!